Sunday, August 17, 2014

HOMEMADE DISHWASHER TABLETS

These are easy to make because Kathy and I made these.

Homemade Dishwasher Tablets

Ingredients:

1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing Soda
1/4 Cup Epsom Salt
Lemon Juice

Method:

1.  First mix all the powders together making sure to mix up well.
2.  Put 1 cup of the powder into a separate bowl and  pour in a little lemon juice.
For one cup of powder use approx 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
You don't want the mixture to be dry but neither do you the mixture soaking wet. Approximately 4 tablespoons made mixture wet and sticky and workable.The lemon juice foams on contact with the powders.
3.  Mix all well. Using gloves on place hand fulls on ice cube trays
4.  Pack down nicely [It is handy to have a supply of ice cube trays on hand]
5.  Repeat process several times to use all of the mixture.
6.  Set trays in a warm dry place overnight to set and turn out and bag.
I have never had a dishwasher but if I did I would definitely do this because.   I helped my friend Kathy make these and it is her recipe.  I loved adding this quirky recipe to the Family Recipe Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment